Sunday 18 February 2018

Ruby Rose Part 2



For the Ruby outfit, her "battle skirt" needed be a lot more puff. I created a crinoline for the extra puff.


This was my first crinoline. it's not prefect, but it serves it's purpose. 


This is the pattern I based my dress from.


This is dress put together. You can see some of the crinoline peeking out.


On the front of the dress, I attach some Velcro where the cape will hang. You can also see some of the top stitching I've done.


In the back of the dress, you see where the zipper is. I attaching some Velcro to the collar, so it's easier for me to adjust it.


Here's the collar, I used the same pre-gather ribbon as the spats.


Here's a better look at the ribbon.


In the images above, is the outfit with the cape attached.


See how Velcro works.


Repainted sniper bullets.


Here's 75% of the outfit together. I realized that  Ruby's corset is a solid black, but you wouldn't be able to see it as well, especially far way on a stage. 


Here's a better look of the corset and bullets.