Tuesday 13 February 2018

Inuyasha Outfit



For 2016, I decided to make two outfit, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru from the anime InuyashaThe picture above is of Inuyasha.


For the Inuyasha outfit, it appears that he is wearing a kimono style jacket with an undershirt. Because I'm wearing this at Anime North, the weather is going to be very HOT. So I'm going to be just making the jacket, but make it appear that there's an undershirt. In the picture above, I just made the bodice of the jacket and attached cream coloured fabric to the shoulder where the undershirt would've been showing.


Before I attached the sleeves, I made and sewed on some belt loop to the ends of the sleeves to run a ribbon through. I believe the purpose of this was to tighten the sleeve so they won't flap around.


For this outfit I decided instead of making another pair of hakama pants, to do a hakama style skirt. I stitch lines going down the skirt to create a folded look. The zipper was added to the front with the waistband overlapping. There will be a bow sewn on, right above the zipper.



To help with the illusion of hakama pants, I add patch pocket to the sides of the skirt, to make it resemble the undershirt peaking out from the waistband.


Here is the outfit all together.


You can see the shoulder opening and where the undershirt would be showing. Also the ribbon the sleeves. 


I've sewn a loop to the side of the waistband for my prop sword can stay.


I attached an extra band of cloth to the center-back of my collar with a centimeter showing in the back. This creates a fake undershirt collar which can be adjusted in the front.