Tuesday 13 February 2018

Inuyasha & Sesshomaru Props


So, for both my outfits, I needed to make some swords and armor.


I bought some cheap plastic swords and deconstructed them. I started working on the hilts first. In the picture above, that's what the handles look like starting out.


Here is the hilt for Sesshomaru's sword Tenseiga. I painted the diamonds shapes white, then wrapped blue ribbon around in a crisscrosses pattern, and finally glue foam around the guard area.


Here is the hilt for Inuyasha's sword Tessaiga. I glued burlap ribbon to the hilt, then painted over it to create a more weathered and age look. I continued the same process only in a crisscross pattern.


For the guards of the swords, I cut out foam for their base. 
Then I covered worbla for the gold guard and glue craft foam to the red guard to create a texture look.


Here are the finish swords, Tensaiga on top and Tessaiga on the bottom. I wanted to leave them in the scabbard because their more for looks than function. Unfortunately, I didn't glue the guards to scabbards properly and they fell apart.


  
Sesshomaru's outfit, has armor covering most of his clothing. after finishing the sewing component of the outfit, I started working on the armor next. For the base of the armor, I decided on craft-foam, for keeping it light.




Next I cut out the craft-foam pieces. Then began adding worbla to said pieces (this will give them a harder surface.) 


After the worbla was add, I attach all the chest pieces together and began on the shaping the spikes.


I used tin-foil for base of the spikes and wrapped worbla around it. I never used worbla before and it was a challenge for me to use. 

Then gathering all the pieces together, I began painting them, and added on binder ringers, Velcro, and snaps on.


It was impossible to find any tassels never mind red tassels. So, I found some silver tassels and used a marker on them.


This is what all the armor pieces look like all together.
It's not the best picture, but you get the idea. At that point, I was getting ready to work on the belt.




For the belt, I first started sewing up a yellow fabric. Then with the blue fabric, I applied double sided interfacing. Finally I cut out the shapes I want, and applied to the yellow fabric.


After Anime North, I didn't have time to finish Sesshomaru second sword Tokijin. So, I made it for Animartimes. The sword was made from foam, with a wooden dowel for structure.


Here's Tokijin all finish. I feel like I did a pretty good, I mean beside burning my finger off with the hot glue-gun. But yeah, I'm happy with the way it turned out.