Monday 20 April 2015

Thw!p-wear


 As you well know, I already have goggles for my costume (see 'Web Sling Menace' post). Around the same time, I also got a web-shooter. After finishing the costume, I found that the red and blue of the web-shooter was too much on the costume. I decided to repaint it based on the same colours as my goggles.



It's hard to see, but there are gold metal loops around the lenses and on the sides has a bronze/copper colour.


Before: Too much red and blue.


 After: Repainted the red in gold, the blue in bronze, and replace the red elastic with black. The red was the easiest to paint, but blue was harder to paint because it was a different type of plastic and I had to use two types of paint. The bronze isn't peeling as much, but I have to be careful with it.


Here is the necklace for the costume. I was worried that I could find a spider necklace that was big enough.



These are gloves and boots that I already had, which ties into the look.