Monday 25 February 2013

Saturday Night FUN!


For line this year, I really wanted to play around with my fabric. I asked Morgan MacCallum if she could help me out with this project. Morgan is a surfacing student working in dying and designing pattern on many different surfaces. Also she modelled for me last year (pink dress) and she's modelling for me this year (she's summer).

This is Morgan demonstrating Shibori dying technique.


Here is the silk boiling getting cleaned. This will be used in Winter's kimono, you'll see more of that on a later date.


This is the cotton we're dying, it's going to be use for Autumn's happi coat. Right now, it's taking a salt water bath.


This is measuring area for dye, it's underneath a fume hood. These are serious chemicals that we are working with here. As in, if you breath this stuff in, there a VERY good chance of get cancer.


Finally the dye and sealant are place into the bath and let everything soak in.


I feel like the centre of this look like rose.